Thursday, April 28, 2011

Glass Bottle Reuse

1: My sources so far are mainly in support of reusing glass containers instead of producing throw away beverage containers and recycling. I am having trouble finding peer-reviewed sources that oppose a reuse infrastructure.

2: I tend to jump around a little bit with the narrative voice of my paper. I like to give personal examples, in first person, and then I tend to ask questions of my reader in second voice. I also take a third person narrative when explaining the legal processes.

3: I think it would be helpful to have a final review day on Tuesday and turn in the final copy on Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. Try google Scholar, its alittle more user friendly, and try reading your paper out loud or to a friend to see if it makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. adding more to your second point, i also tend jump around and i believe a way of solving that would be to view an example of a research paper and see how the author writes his. Perhaps it's ok to write is as a narration and questions, but to ourselves, make sense? question not intended for the reader but questions we ask ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have the same problem with switching from first person to third person but I have noticed that it does make the paper sound a little confusing. I think it is ok though if your using personal examples that are supporting your argument. Just make sure to limit the use of each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that if you have first, second, and third voice you need to hav clear transitions. If not, I would try to reword the questions you ask the reader to make them third person so then it doesn't jump around as much??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Calum. You can switch from first person to third, but always be aware of the purpose behind using each and make sure transitions are clear so as not to confuse your reader.

    As for the counterargument, maybe consider who would oppose it and search that way? For instance, research companies that would lose money by switching (or you mentioned that Colorado was against it because of the cost of building facilities to support reuse). I imagine there would be articles available about the resistance to this movement.

    ReplyDelete