Thursday, April 28, 2011

Final paper, questions and concerns

I think I am doing fine with this paper however I am not sure how I am doing as far as using all of my sources goes. Sometimes I feel like I am not using enough info in my paper. I am also having trouble with my transitions. I am finding myself stuck when it comes to incorporating vegetarianism and veganism into my paper so that it can connect well with my main subject and argument. I might be thinking too much into it but I will try to get more ideas on how to make my paper sound good without confusing my reader. I am also struggling on making my paper longer. It is 10 pages at this moment. When I go back and re read my paper it tends to sound a bit repetitive when I try to force 2 extra pages in! I need more ideas and I know I can add more research into the paper that will make it stronger and longer however, there is so much information on animal testing that it is over whelming.

4 comments:

  1. When it comes with new ideas, you could also look into what veganism and vegetarianism and what they have in common, or look into how animals have benefited from people who are not eating meat. You could also maybe look at it from an economic point of view and how it's affecting the economy in good or bad ways. Or maybe you can give the perspective on how meat eaters feel about veganism and vegetarianism. There's a lot of different ways to look at it, you just have to make sure to incorporate all points of view. Maybe you could even talk about the latest research scientists have found that can help/harm veganism or vegetarianism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I look at vegetarianism and veganism I think of the food web and how if impacts population of species.. mainly cuz I'm a bio nerd that thinks of that stuff. Could you look at it in that sense for part of your paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you might add to your paper more info from research studies from journals. You could look on the Auraria Library's website and find 3 related journal articles, compare the findings of those 3 studies, and use that additional info to support the analysis within your conclusion...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a reverse outline would help. Construct an outline backward from your draft, noting the main point of each paragraph and how it ties to your overall argument. Through this you should be able to clearly see any paragraphs that are repetitive and either eliminate, combine or rewrite them. You can also reorder paragraphs more easily when you see the content laid out this way, which might help with transitions/flow. As for transitions themselves, make sure the idea from the previous paragraph relates to the one that follows. If this link is unclear, constructing a sentence that guides your reader through your logic would help.

    Exploring your sources more might help add length. There is no requirement for how in-depth to go into sources; however, once a source is referenced, make sure you note its significance to your subject and analyze how it adds to your claim. Additional sources could also help with length, as could adding content to refute the counterargument or adding sub-topics that relate to and support a claim you're making.

    ReplyDelete