Thursday, April 28, 2011

Adding more content

I have already used most of the main points I want to include in the research paper. But it seems not enough pages:
1. How can expand on the existing content without making the paper boring with details.
2. What can I add without diverting out of the main topic?
3. I also have some reservations on what is considered good writing - in this "Argumentative Research paper". The samples I have read differ so widely.
- Do I have to support and argue every point in each paragraph or just some, or the opposing points to my paper?

1 comment:

  1. I hope the workshops gave you some ideas for additional content. Going more in depth on a topic you discuss or addressing a related sub-topic might help. Details won't make it boring as long as your claims are analyzed and not repetitive. As long as sub-topics tie back to your thesis and overall argument, anything within your subject can be addressed.

    As for organization, it's up to you. You should address the counterargument at some point, but you don't have to do it in every paragraph. Just make sure your stance is clear and supported and that you address/refute the opposing argument.

    ReplyDelete